Our cook has trained both overseas and locally. He has a commitment to provide fresh food daily. He does not believe in using pre-prepared items and everything is created “from scratch” every day. The menu is varied and is created based on what is fresh and available at the markets, as well as being sensitive to what our children enjoy eating.
Each day we serve breakfast for those early risers as well as morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
The children are offered fruit throughout the day. They are also encouraged to try new tastes and flavours.
Alphabet Pikelet Recipe
A yummy recipe to make with your children.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 200g (1 1/3 cups ) self-raising flour - you can use wholemeal flour if wanted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- Strawberry jam, to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a jug. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Lightly spray with olive oil spray to grease. Spoon half the batter into a small plastic bag. Cut 1 corner off bag and pipe four 8cm letters into pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat, in 8 more batches, with remaining batter, reheating pan between batches. Serve with jam.
with thanks to taste.com.au
- MORE RECIPES AND INFORMATION COMING SOON